Terms and conditions
Presseurop offers registered users free access to any information available on its website while they are logged on. Presseurop rounds out its website with a range of services to give the user personalised access to a wide array of information.
Presseurop GEIE and its members (Courrier international - France, Internazionale - Italy, Forum - Poland, and Courrier internacional - Portugal) respect user privacy and strictly comply with the laws in force governing the protection of privacy and individual liberties. Presseurop undertakes to refrain from disclosing to third parties the information the user provides. That information is confidential. Consequently, in accordance with the laws in force, the user is entitled to access, rectify and object to any personal information concerning the user. The user may refuse to receive promotional messages from Presseurop’s partners, either during registration, or after having registered by changing his personal information online. Presseurop reserves the right to notify the user by e-mail of any developments in its own services. The user is entitled to unsubscribe from the Service. The user undertakes to use the information thereby obtained solely for lawful purposes and in conformity with all applicable laws and to respect these Terms and Conditions of Use and any other notification the user receives regarding these Terms and Conditions of Use. Presseurop may use personal information about the user collected and processed in the course of his registration in order to provide the services it offers. In the event that provisions of law require his express consent for the communication of detailed information, the user may withhold consent during registration by clicking on the corresponding option to deactivate it. Any consent the user give may be revoked at any time by sending an e-mail to that effect to our newsletter service.
The user may use Presseurop’s services at his own risk. Under no circumstances can Presseurop guarantee that the services offered will not be interrupted. Presseurop’s obligation to supply is limited to a duty of due care. Moreover, the information the user obtains through the services offered by Presseurop, whether on our website, by e-mail or text message, does not entitle the user to any warranties from Presseurop insofar as that information was not produced by Presseurop. The articles offered on the Website are in conformity with current and applicable Community law.
Presseurop or a third party may establish a connection to other websites or sources. Presseurop has no means of controlling outside sites and sources, and will not answer for or guarantee the availability of the same. Presseurop does not appropriate the contents to which these sites or sources afford access, it accepts no responsibility and gives no warranty for said contents. Most of these connections and, in particular, these searches are carried out automatically and, due to the quantity thereof, can under no circumstances be verified by Presseurop personnel. If, however, any pages on Presseurop’s websites should contain a link to an external page on which illicit contents are disseminated by a third party, Presseurop shall delete the link to that page after having been notified of said contents.
1) Modifications and disclaimers: Presseurop reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions of Use. 1) Presseurop shall notify the user of any modifications by e-mail and request his consent to those modifications.
2) Applicable law. The present Terms and Conditions, all acts and operations under the same and the rights and obligations of the parties hereto under these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed according to French law, and the parties agree to submit to the jurisdiction of French courts.
3) Jurisdiction. If the parties are unable to settle any disputes relating to these Terms and Conditions within fifteen (15) days of written notice regarding said dispute having been sent by either party to the other, the dispute shall be submitted to the competent court.
4) Completeness of the agreement. The present Terms and Conditions of Use constitute the entire agreement entered into by and between the user and Presseurop in respect of the objects hereof.
5) Force majeure. Neither Presseurop nor any third party involved in providing services hereunder shall be held liable for any default or delay in the performance of their obligations under these Terms and Conditions for reasons beyond their control, including, though not limited to, cases of force majeure, acts of the civil or military authorities, fires, floods, earthquakes, civil unrest, wars, acts of sabotage, network failures, errors in the encoding of electronic files, software limitations, inability to obtain telecommunication services, or government action, always provided that the parties take all reasonable action to minimise the impact of the aforesaid situations.
6) Basis of negotiation. The user and Presseurop acknowledge and agree that the disclaimers as well as the limits on liability and recourse set out in these Terms and Conditions are material.
7) Definitions. “The user” means a physical person who registers with Presseurop in order to access the services offered by Presseurop. “Information providers” means third parties providing information contained in Presseurop’s services. "Information" means the text and images.